- Since I've been flying back and forth, Spring has sprung. Since we don't really have Spring in Arizona, it has been nice to watch the seasons change in Utah. When I first stared going up there, it was cold and snowy. The last few weeks, I have seen blossoms on the trees and daffodils and tulips blooming. Last weekend, I noticed the hills are greening up too.
- My "kitchen fairies" were here again this weekend. My dishwasher was emptied, fridge re-stocked, and house vacuumed. What great friends I have!
- My clothes don't fit me anymore. I'm on the stress diet once again.
- Too many people on our campus smoke cigarettes. I thought it wasn't really cool to smoke anymore. I'm surprised how many young people smoke.
- I love my job. Seriously, I was walking across campus today and thought, I love what I do. A few weeks ago, I was in charge of a division-wide training workshop. I heard our committee got the best response of all of the workshops that have been held in recent years. Apparently it was brought up in a meeting again yesterday.
- I miss my grandchildren. I really need a visit!
One of these days, my life will return to normal. In the mean time, this is the new normal and I'm hanging in there. Even amid challenges and adversity, I am reminded once again there are many blessings.
14 comments:
Lauri, you amaze me with your optimism. Your spirit is truly something to admire. You have wonderful friends because you ARE a wonderful friend. I pray for all of you daily. Hang in there.
you're doing better than i would in your situation! you really do have amazing friends, by the sounds of it. that is one blessing i'm sure you're grateful for right now. keep your spirits up! i'm thinking about you.
I'll bet spring time in Utah would be much prettier than spring time in AZ. Although I love springtime here, sometimes when I travel to other parts of the country I find myself trying to remember why we live in the desert.
So what is the deal with college students smoking? That's weird. I've seen it more in movies too.
Your stress diet doesn't sound like the best way to lose weight. Can we get you connected with some juicy bbq ribs or a regular delivery of cookies or something?
Your optimism really is inspiring Lauri. How nice to come home to find that friends have stocked your fridge and cleaned for you too. I'm glad you have a lot of great friends and family surrounding you. Stay strong. Bug Hugs,
Genn
woops, I am lauging out loud.
I meant BIG hugs...
not BUG hugs.
Hope you laughed too. :)
I've missed your blogging, so I am happy you posted!! Glad you are doing so well, I know things are tough right now for you...our thoughts are still with you, and when you see the blessings through all this adversity, it makes me stronger- so thank you!
Your positive spirit and optimistic attitude in the midst of trial is an example to all of us. Thanks for the update and insights. So glad to hear that your job is working out well! :-D
Lauri-
I like everyone else probably check her often to see how you are doing and any news on Michael and as usual you lift us up with your postiive outlook on life...you truly are an amazing woman and I feel blessed to have you as a friend! Wish I was closer so I could be a fairy...but know that a day doesn't go by without you on my mind!
I think about you all the time and pray that you will have the strength you need to get through this. I hope knowing that so many people are thinking about you and love you helps in at least a small way. If there is EVER anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.
hi! I think of you guys all the time and keep checking in with you and Katie for updates. I know everyone is saying this, but your spirit is remarkable.
And congrats of the business cards. I do think that means you're official.
I am so glad you love your job. What a blessing that you have it. That probably helps to have something you like doing to let your mind focus on that during the week. Our prayers continue every day--several times a day!
Does it amaze you that regardless of the fact that your heart can be sad about something it can still be happy about others? Some people think that if one thing is wrong with their life they need to show it in their countenance else they are 'pretending' to be happy. I like the way you are. Sadness doesn't have to trump happy... at least not all the time.
You don't know me. I know your son thru the mission. I had vivid dream about getting everyone to that know mike to do a group fast.
P.S. Mike's friends would like visit him. Would you please post on faebook where he is. thanks
Lauri, I just want you to know that I think of and pray for you and Michael everyday. I hope he's making daily progress. I check out Katie's blog every now and then for an update, I hope you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel and that is what's keeping you positive and optimistic. Let us know how things are going, when you can.
Post a Comment