This past weekend, I spent a few days with these cute guys:
Parker
Reid
Grayden
...and yes, I fell in love all over again.
It has been way too long since I've had a chance to visit the Smith family and a grandma should never be away from her grandchildren that long. Even though the trip was short, we packed a lot of fun in to a few days.
The day I got there was my birthday and the boys had been busy working on projects for me and were excited to give them to me; special things a grandma will treasure. They also helped me blow out all of my candles (thank goodness Katie was kind and we only had 2 to blow out.
The next day, we celebrated 4th of July...Benson style (now Smith style). It began with a red, white, and blue breakfast
...and ended with a picnic in the park and an awesome firework show.
There was some splishing and splashing.... ...an outing to the movies (Toy Story 3, of course)
...some bike riding
...and of course it wouldn't be the Smith house if there wasn't some craziness thrown in!
(as I was packing my bags to leave, the two oldest decided to find their mom and dad's clothes and have a fashion show, shoes and all)
Ah! Life is GRAND!
I must say that Katie and Spencer are great parents. Their kiddos are smart, creative, and for the most part nice to each other. They read a lot of books to their kids, sing songs, dance, and take advantage of teaching moments. These are three lucky little boys to have the parents they have.
Ah! Life is GRAND!
10 comments:
Oh Lauri, what fun!!! I am so glad you got to spend some time with your grandkids and Katie and her husband. I am sure it did you a world of good. And I think your hair is darling!!!!
Those boys are getting so big!!
I am glad you had a good trip here!! It was wonderful chatting with you for a little while at church! Next time you come, we want in on the Smith family fun! Hope your birthday was happy- sorry I missed it! Thanks for sharing the fun with us!
So adorable you and your boys! Nothing like those times together. They are so blessed to have you! I love Katie's style and love in mega doses that she gives her family!
What a fun trip! Happy Belated Birthday! I bet it was fun to celebrate it with Katie and her darling boys and husband. Your hair always looks so cute. But I know what you mean about the humididty. Bleh.
What a wonderful break for you. I'm so glad you got to spend time with Katie and her family. I know they loved having you visit. Happy Birthday--belated.
FUN! First-I love your hair like that--it looks great. I wish my hair handled the humidity as well as yours. I was hoping we'd be able to see you--next time. Glad you had a great visit-happy bday. Love the red white and blue bkfst! I want to steal that next year.
Yup- the humidity will get you every time!!! We don't like what it does to hair either! But, despite the humidity, you look beautiful! :)
Happy Birthday!!!!! :)
That is a bunch that would be hard NOT to love. :)
Oh, and that Benson/ Smith tradition is now ours as well! After I saw it on Katie's blog a couple years ago, I did a red white and blue breakfast and now my kids insist on it every year! Love it!! :)
What a fun 4th of July trip! Being a grandma is just great, isn't it?!?
I thought of you last weekend and wondered what you were doing. Anything Patriotic reminds me of you.
Happy b'dy! You look marvelous. I like the puffy hair.
Cute boys!!!
How could you not fall in love with those absolutely handsome boys?
Post a Comment