Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Insulted!

I ran in to ROSS after work to pick something up and as the clerk handed me my receipt, he said, "your discount is included." When I asked what discount, he told me I got the senior discount. (OUCH!) When I asked how old a person has to be to get the senior discount, he said 55. (OUCH again!) I thanked him for the discount and told him that I'm not a senior and just for that, I deserve a 50% discount.



Is this what a senior looks like?



12 comments:

Pam Eynon said...

Lauri-that happened to me a month or so ago...and it took me back....but then I thought what does that young 'punk' know anyway...but I loved how you proved him wrong on your blog! Always the positive from you!!! Loved how Jeff made your realized how much change you have been through...don't you love how our kids teach us!! Well love you friend, I think and pray for you often!

Kris said...

Shame on that young man!!! You look amZing. And don't you forget it!!

Genn said...

How dare he! You do look amazing Lauri! I love your sweater in that first picture! I want one just like it. Now, I don't know many "seniors" whose outfits I'd like to emulate. :)

sharon kaye said...

You are definitely young, beautiful, and stylish. I don't know what he was thinking. (Obviously he is young and foolish.)

Mer said...

You do look awesome - how come I never went shopping with you? My wardrobe would be been much improved!

everyday katie said...

The good news is you're less than two years away from some serious discounts.

I hope he felt bad...like asking someone when they're due and they're not even pregnant. Though to be honest, I'd rather be mistaken for old than pregnant.

Did you get to keep the discount for his rude mistake?

Kelly said...

People are just rude all around, don't you think?! I get crappy prego comments all the time- and it is not nice! I hope you got a huge discount for that, and you look younger than 40- no where near Senior age!!

Cynthia said...

Well, shame on him is right, . . . but on the other hand, if someone asks you if you are pregnant when you're not, there is no cash discount involved in that. I say hooray for the rude mistake that saves you money !!!

Curtis Whipple said...

If you weren't my sister, I'd say, "Hubba hubba!"

Amanda B. said...

Well, I can see how you wouldn't want someone to think you look 55 (and you don't!) but the money off is worth it, maybe? ;)

amelia said...

WHAT?! You are a hot non-senior Lauri!

Natalie said...

LOL! You look HOT as always!!! Personally, I would take any discount I could get.