Saturday, April 26, 2008

I have a DREAM

I have been on a QUEST since February to find some furniture for my patio. I have this great patio right off my family room...it is covered, has a ceiling fan, and is a great place to read and relax (out of the sun). After many, many shopping sprees, this is what I came up with:




First, I found this table at TARGET. I went in one day and saw wrought iron table for $14.98 and that wasn't a clearance price. I snatched that puppy right up thinking, "even if this doesn't work with anything else I find, I haven't spent a lot of money on it". As it turns out, I went back in to Target several weeks later and it was marked as $59.00. Evidently, it had been marked wrong when I bought it. Great find, huh?





Next I found this bench. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but I thought I could work with it. When I went to pay for it, I was told that I'd have to buy a boxed one and put it together myself. UGH! (I'll have to share the story of trying to put together 2 bar stools I purchased). Anyway, the good news was that they didn't have any more boxed ones and I got to buy the floor model, already put together AND at a 20% discount. PERFECT!





Then there is this hutch. Kevin made this for me 20 years ago. For a long time, I kept it as raw pine. It was originally in my kitchen, then I moved it to a family room, and when I moved here, it was put on the back patio with a coat of this great green paint. It's falling apart but it's still a great piece so I'm hoping it will hang on a little longer.


After a trip to Home Depot for some plants, and to TJ Max for some "fluff", this is what it looks like now.






Now if Jeff would just hang the light he promised to hang....

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

That looks great! You really do have a great patio space. You need way more pillows on your bench so you can "lounge" with a good book (or a textbook, whatever).

Kelly said...

Those are beautiful finds, and what a lucky woman you are to have gotten such steals!! I love the look and I love that you live in such an amazing climate that you can enjoy that year round! So fantastic, we can't wait to visit! Enjoy your new patio!

everyday katie said...

My favorite part are the staged strawberries and bagels. Actually, it's REALLY cute. I agree with Cindy...more pillows.

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

You have the touch, this is beautiful!!

jeanine said...

I love it! It looks so homey. I think the bench is super cute.

sharon kaye said...

You have such a talent for decorating!! I have always loved how you can make everything so beautiful. I love reading your blog. I just figured out how to leave a comment. (I spent hours trying to figuring it out. Jeanine thinks I am pitiful.)

Sheryl said...

I have always loved your style and ability to pull it all together. I agree with Sharon Kaye, you got it girl!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing some love on the Holmes blog! Your are so creative, love visiting your blog!