
Gift wrap or gift bags?
I love, love, love to wrap gifts. I have a closet full of paper, ribbons, and tags.
Real or artificial tree?
Although I love the smell of a real tree, it has become too impractical for me. I have a hard time putting it in the stand by myself. I have found I can put it up earlier if I have an artificial tree.
When do you put up the tree?
I used to put it up the 2nd week of December but now I put it up Thanksgiving weekend because I have time to do it and put my house together the way I like it.
When do you take down the tree?
Sometime before New Year's Eve
Do you like eggnog?
Yes! Yes! Yes! Shamrock Farm makes a delicious low-fat eggnog
Favorite gift as a child
I got ice skates when I was 14. We lived in a small town in northern Arizona and all my friends got together during Christmas break to ice skate on a pond and sit around a bon fire. I loved that I could participate.
Hardest/easiest person to buy for
I love the challenge of shopping for everyone on my list...hard or easy. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it isn't.
Do you have a nativity scene?
Several, including the one I bought our first Christmas---only cost $2.99
Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Definitely mail
Favorite Christmas movie
I have several that I must watch during the holidays: White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the newer version), and Mr. Kruger's Christmas
When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'm on the look-out all year long. Sometimes I pick things up in the after-Christmas sales
Favorite things to eat during the holidays
Whitman's chocolates always remind me of my childhood. I discovered chocolate oranges a few years ago...yumm
Favorite Christmas song
Well, there's a difference between Christmas songs and Christmas carols. If we're talking about Christmas songs, I like: Santa Baby, All I Want for Christmas is You, Christmas Without You, Christmas to Remember. As far as carols go, I love Silent Night, Angel's Carol, Away in a Manger, and Angels we have Heard on High
Angel or star on top of your tree?
Neither...I always do something a little different
Open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Like a lot of other families, one present is opened on Christmas Eve...new pajamas. All of the other gifts wait until morning.
Most annoying thing about the holiday season?
My favorite radio station begins playing Christmas music 24/7 beginning Nov 1.
favorite ornament theme/color
My tree has evolved over the years. The past few years it has been a green/gold combination
Favorite Christmas dinner
Prime Rib
What do you want for Christmas?
Guess!
Anyone else want to play along?
I love, love, love to wrap gifts. I have a closet full of paper, ribbons, and tags.
Real or artificial tree?
Although I love the smell of a real tree, it has become too impractical for me. I have a hard time putting it in the stand by myself. I have found I can put it up earlier if I have an artificial tree.
When do you put up the tree?
I used to put it up the 2nd week of December but now I put it up Thanksgiving weekend because I have time to do it and put my house together the way I like it.
When do you take down the tree?
Sometime before New Year's Eve
Do you like eggnog?
Yes! Yes! Yes! Shamrock Farm makes a delicious low-fat eggnog
Favorite gift as a child
I got ice skates when I was 14. We lived in a small town in northern Arizona and all my friends got together during Christmas break to ice skate on a pond and sit around a bon fire. I loved that I could participate.
Hardest/easiest person to buy for
I love the challenge of shopping for everyone on my list...hard or easy. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it isn't.
Do you have a nativity scene?
Several, including the one I bought our first Christmas---only cost $2.99
Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Definitely mail
Favorite Christmas movie
I have several that I must watch during the holidays: White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the newer version), and Mr. Kruger's Christmas
When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'm on the look-out all year long. Sometimes I pick things up in the after-Christmas sales
Favorite things to eat during the holidays
Whitman's chocolates always remind me of my childhood. I discovered chocolate oranges a few years ago...yumm
Favorite Christmas song
Well, there's a difference between Christmas songs and Christmas carols. If we're talking about Christmas songs, I like: Santa Baby, All I Want for Christmas is You, Christmas Without You, Christmas to Remember. As far as carols go, I love Silent Night, Angel's Carol, Away in a Manger, and Angels we have Heard on High
Angel or star on top of your tree?
Neither...I always do something a little different
Open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Like a lot of other families, one present is opened on Christmas Eve...new pajamas. All of the other gifts wait until morning.
Most annoying thing about the holiday season?
My favorite radio station begins playing Christmas music 24/7 beginning Nov 1.
favorite ornament theme/color
My tree has evolved over the years. The past few years it has been a green/gold combination
Favorite Christmas dinner
Prime Rib
What do you want for Christmas?
Guess!
Anyone else want to play along?
5 comments:
I enjoyed reading that Lauri. Where will you be for Christmas? Will you have all of the family together at your house? I know it must be hard with all of them in different areas.
Okay...Guess the brand, or guess what you want?
You are such a fun person!! I loved reading all your Christmas loves- and I am on the same page with so many of them! I will play along too- give me a day or two, but I will!
This was fun! I agree with you on the annoying radio station that starts playing Christmas music in November!
I think I will do it too. I loved your answers! :) Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the blogging idea!
This is a fun tag. I am with you I love Miracle on 34th street and White Christmas. It is just not Chirstmas without watching them.
Post a Comment