Last night my sister-in-law, Debbie, and I had a bridal shower for one of our young friends. We had so much fun putting this together. Debbie has a great back yard for entertaining and it was beautiful weather. In addition, Debbie grew up in a catering business so she has a lot of tricks up her sleeve to make things nice. We served panini sandwiches (which we cooked as they came through the line), raspberry feta salad, fresh fruit, and had a choice of four bundt cakes.
Click on the picture below and you can see one of her special touches...she printed up the menu. It's a small thing but it just adds something special to the food line.

Here is the cake bar. Doesn't that look fun? She saw these cakes on line so we made them and she decorated them. And they were delicious too!

(this is what the original one we saw looked like...good replication, huh?)

And one last picture...the tables:

Anyway, it was a fun evening and I was glad we could do something like this for Caden. She is a great young woman and she was so gracious with everyone there.
8 comments:
What fun!! I LOVE the cake table! So yummy and so creative! You can throw me a shower anytime you want- not for a wedding or child, but for whatever!! Sounds awesome!
When I first looked at this title I saw "Shower with the people you love" shows where my mind is...
Shower the people is a song by James Taylor...Sheesh!
You are very talented! Great tables and the cakes look delicious!
Everything was beautiful! The salad was so good. Do you think Debbie would share the recipe for the raspberry dressing???
It looks like it turned out great. I LOVE the menu idea. I will be using that at some future point in my life.
Lauri,
What fun! I love to plan a shower and small parties like that. I LOVE the idea of the panini bar! Drew got me a panini maker last year, and he was just yesterday saying we need to crack that puppy back out again!! The cakes look wonderful!!! Bet the bride to be was thrilled!
PS Your son Jeff's remark cracked me up!!
Wow!! what an awesome party! The food is amazing! I love showers. How cool of you guys to put that on for her!!! :)
Post a Comment