Thursday, July 2, 2009

Firecracker Baby


My brother called today to wish me a happy anniversary...the second anniversary of my 50th birthday (I can't believe I announced my age on the world wide web). FIFTY-TWO...when did this happen?!




I've always loved my birthday being around the 4th of July...I sort of celebrate for 3 days. Today my sister-in-law and niece took me to lunch and then to the movies. After that I went shopping (another reason to love my birth-date---4th of July sales). Check out these sweet deals: A blouse, a t-shirt, white jeans, and 2 pair of capris---all for $80.00. Gotta love Gap and Loft!

And then for my final stop of the day, I stopped by the grocery store for a treat: If you've never had Ranier cherries, you're missing out. Last week these were $8.99/lb. Today they were $2.99/lb. I'm enjoying these delectable treats this very minute. Happy birthday to me!
Some of you have already seen this but if you haven't and want a laugh at my expense, go here.

10 comments:

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Lauri! What a fun time of year to have a birthday!
Enjoy!!!

Genn said...

Hope you had a special birthday! Happy day. You look GREAT. I hope I look that good when I am 52!!

Kelly said...

Happy, happy birthday! Not a day over 42!

Traci Elizabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

everyday katie said...

Perfect day!

Sheryl said...

You are a "firecracker" Baby! You are a such a good woman, friend, mentor, example...love you, Happiest Birthday Girlfriend!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday- you look amazing!! Love all the good deals, and I am going to be on the lookout for those cherries! Thanks and enjoy your day!!

jeanine said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lauri (a day late, sorry). I hope you had a great day and have a great weekend. My birthday was just a couple of weeks ago, I have always loved my birthday but I'm not enjoying getting older, things just aren't working the way they used to. Oh well, there are some advantages I guess, I really love not working anymore. I hope you have a wonderful summer!

Amanda B. said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Don't worry about announcing you are 52- you are one of the hippest 50-somethings I have ever known!!

Love the outfits !:)