Friday, February 26, 2010

SIGH...

I have been reading essays from students who are applying for the Early College Program where I work. It reminded me of my days teaching English at the Junior High...a lot of blah, blah, blah, an occasional big word that they threw in after reading a thesaurus and then more blah, blah, blah. I really wanted to get a big red pen out and go to town on some of the papers.

But the funniest one I read was from the girl who wanted to be accepted into the program so she could "get a jump start on her bachelorette degree." What? Did she think that guys get a bachelor degree and girls get bachelorette degrees? I think she should be accepted...she NEEDS to go to college.

8 comments:

Kris said...

Absolutely! She must get in!!! That is a riot!

Amanda B. said...

That is great! Don't all women aspire to be a bachlorette?! (ha ha!!!!)

everyday katie said...

HILARIOUS!

Kelly said...

Too funny!

Genn said...

Oh that is too funny. Hope she gets in!

Debbie Jones said...

Too funny....oh, I hope she isn't one of MY students.

Cynthia said...

Maybe she thought she was applying for the tv show?
too funny

Rebecca Carter said...

I think you are having too much fun at that job - are you sure it's a "job" - sounds more like you are being paid so they can entertain you over there - you sure got lucky when it came to that "job"!

Lots of laughs!!!