
A few weeks ago when I was in Utah with Mike, a friend brought me and Lisa a big, delicious, gourmet cupcake. Really delicious. In fact, it was so delicious, we went back later in the day for a second one.
The next time I was in Provo, someone told us about another cupcake shop so I went over to check it out. I didn't mess around this time; I bought six so we could try several of their flavors. I'm not going to lie...I was a little disappointed. These just tasted like a Duncan Hinze cake mix with a lot of frosting on them (although it was very good frosting).
Last weekend when I arrived in Provo, Lisa had ventured out to a third cupcake shop she had seen driving home one night. She picked up a few more and of course we had to sample them. Although it had delectable frosting, it was a pretty regular cupcake.
So now that I am a cupcake connoisseur, any of you who live in or around Provo or visit there on occasion, the votes are in: The Cocoa Bean on University Parkway is the place you want to go for a cupcake. You will not be disappointed.
9 comments:
Have you been to Sprinkles? The best cupcakes I have yet to taste in my lifetime. The closet one to me in Cali is in Newport Beach. They have a website... maybe theres one in Arizona or UT..?
They look delicious- and I am a cupcake lover- so finding a good one would be the key! Good luck!!
I know what you mean. There aren't many cupcake shops around here... but a cupcake shop opened near my inlaws and I was dying to try it. I was SO disappointed. I've made cupcakes 20 times better then they sold {and very overpriced at that!}
Hmmm, I may have to make a road trip!
So I'm going to be in Provo tomorrow and maybe we will make a stop at Cocoa Bean. We just got a Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery in St. George and on Tuesday I got a dozen to take to a luncheon party...they were pretty fabulous, I had already tried them in Provo during the summer and my favorite is the yellow cake/strawberry frosting with a chocolate dipped strawberry on top. I've also been to Dippity Do's in AF but they weren't as good as STF. Sprinkles in NB is good too but I think STF is still my favorite. Cupcakes seem to be all the rage and I'm totally ON BOARD!!
I'll have to keep that in mind the next time we are in Provo. I haven't even heard of cupcake shops up here. I'll have to look around and check it out some more.
I love baking and think this could be my dream job! We don't really have those (I don't think...) around here!
You have got to go the the Chocolate on University in Orem. Vanessa has been and I am dying to go. You have got to go try. It is on my list next time I get up there. Hope all is going well. Miss you and love you lots.
Looks like you and I have been enjoying the same menu lately! Lots of YUMMY junk!
Post a Comment