Wednesday, March 2, 2011

who cares????

What has happened to news reporting? As I was getting ready for work today, the first story that was reported on the local news as well as the Today show was another episode of the Charlie Sheen train wreck. Really? This is the best news we have? What about the news in Libya? How about the price of gas?

Today his twins were taken away from him. Hallelujah! (Although it doesn't sound like his ex-wife is much better). Why is the media playing in to this story in such a big way? He's getting what he wants: attention and more money. Is anyone with me on this?




And while I'm ranting. ,,..I'm over you Jennifer Aniston. I really don't care that you cut your hair...it doesn't look any different. How about a real haircut, Jennifer? And while you're at it, get it out of your eyes.

6 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

I guess they report it because you pay attention to it.

Kris said...

Oh Lauri...I am with you all the way. If I hear one more ridiculous Charlie Sheen interview, I think I will scream! And I think Jennifer A is darling, but she does seem to be trying to stay a bit too young for my taste.

Unknown said...

Well said!!

Genn said...

I couldn't agree more! Charlie Sheen... blah blah blah...
And Jennifer Aniston has never been a favorite of mine. And her hair... someone has GOT to get it out of her face. Maybe she's hiding her ears or something. Who knows.

Amanda B. said...

Amen sista'!! I am so sick of celebrity news in general- but especially sick of Charlie sheen- he doesn't deserve anything he has and definitely not the attention!

Debbie Jones said...

So true....enough of meaningless celebrity news! Why do we, as a society, waste so much time on these people whose main accomplishment is that they have made a lot of money? As a society, we need to concentrate on important world events and people who really are leading worth while lives.