Saturday, April 5, 2008

I Looked Out the Window and What Did I See?

I love springtime in Arizona. Unfortunately, it only lasts about three weeks but I always enjoy it while I can because the orange blossoms smell divine, the days are warm and the evenings are heavenly cool.

When I bought this house, I loved the inside but the outside needed work. I pulled out about 15 oleanders (and if you're not familiar with them...they have a root system that goes about half way to China) and I hauled buckets and buckets and buckets of rocks out of my yard. I wanted more green shrubbery and lots of flowers. Now when I look out of my kitchen window, this is what I see.






I

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I still can't believe you dug out oleanders by yourself. We have removed a load of oleanders over the years. We have cut around the base and hooked a chain to our truck bumper to pull out the root system. We have rented digging equipment to pull out a row of them. You are my hero. That is some nasty work.
Your yard really does look lovely. Are you using the pool yet?

Kelly said...

Your yard is so beautiful, and I love the pool!! My best friend lives in Phoenix, and they just put in a pool- I am hoping to visit sometime - we long to move there someday. My husband put his application on line for AZ schools- we check all the time, but the places we have found are more expensive to live, and pay far less than we make here. It is a tough decision. We would move if it was meant to be...he also teaches Institute here and would love to work for CES, and we would have a better shot out there than we do here (they have told us he wouldn't be hired from OH, he has already been evaluated and they said he was exactly what CES wanted, but they wouldn't hire from here- bummer), anyway, we could increase our chances, perhaps if we were West...I love the beauty in AZ- you never know..maybe we will meet up again out there!
Again, beautiful views- great job!

everyday katie said...

Spencer said I should post an "I looked out the window post," too. But a pile of dog poop doesn't make a very appealing blog entry.

Your yard looks great.

jeanine said...

Your yard is beautiful! Do you want to come work on mine?

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Your yard looks gorgeous! This is my favorite time of the year too. You are right, it doesn't last long enough. Heard it is supposed to be 95 degrees on Saturday....time for the pool!

Dean & Pennie said...

You're awesome, you have a blog!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, otherwise it might have taken me forever to find yours. I've been trying to convince my mom to start a blog too. I'll tell her you have one and maybe she'll get into it. You're an inspiration in all aspects of life. Keep on blogging.