Sunday, January 25, 2009

mix it up!

Although I'm a creature of habit, there is one place in my home that I regularly switch out depending on the holiday or time of year. My baker's rack has been decorated with a January/winter theme this month...see?







It is now ready for Valentine's Day.






Here are a few other "themes" that I go with throughout the year:

(4th of July)



(Thanksgiving/Fall)



(Halloween)


(Easter)



(Christmas)


If you look at each of these, you can see a lot of repeats. You can see I don't have a lot of stuff but I just go through my house and pull things that go with the color/holiday theme I'm working with. That's about as much creativity I have in me these days.

15 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh Lauri, there are so many more themed holidays. There's Labor Day, Columbus Day, Black Friday, National Punctuation Day, United Nations Day, and you may not know this . . . but September is National Biscuit month!
Happy decorating!
(by the way, your baker's rack always looks so cute)

Natalie said...

I am going to start one of those when we get into a house. I think it is so beautiful and I remember it from my visits to your house. My memories are of sunflowers! I thought it was a great place to display your plates and nick nacks you love.

Natalie said...

p.s. I went private... and somehow I do not have your email address. Mine is Nattyscrivs@yahoo.com I would love to add you to my list.

Sheryl said...

You have the touch! I want to walk into your house and feel that sense of beauty that you know how to invoke.

Kelly said...

You have tons of fun things! I love all the theme decorating! Someday I would love to do more- just now kids, money and space are my deterents! I love the baker's rack! I am doing Valentine's decorating today!!

Debbie Jones said...

I love all your fun decorating ideas. I bet your home is just lovely -- no matter what the season. Have a great week.

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

I love how you take ordinary things and make them special! I always love looking at your bakers rack when we have our book discussion. It definitely is a talent!

everyday katie said...

Those black and white plates have been put to good use. I love that you redecorate your bakers rack each holiday.

Kris said...

I always thought you were such a good decorator. It's nice to have those pictures because one day you'll really enjoy looking back and seeing how you decorated your home!

Amanda B. said...

What a neat display! Probably felt good to change the winter display to valentines day- though the winter display is absolutely beautiful- it must be odd to think winter in Arizona! :) I love them all!!!!!! So creative! :)

lizzyandpop said...

Lauri - I'm with Cynthia - your vision is inadequate. And more important than biscuits is that this is National Cat Health Month. My mind is reeling with ideas for your bakers rack - squeeze toys, a collage of cat pictures, a ball of colorful yarn, plastic mice - big fur balls - why do you limit yourself to tradition? Next time you display your bakers rack - let's see some real imagination.

Kris said...

Lauri,
I love how you change out your bakers rack. Your Valentine's display is one of my favorites!!!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Oh my word I love it. When we get a house I'm going to need your assistance!

Natalie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog... YOU are invited to visit anytime you want to. We would love to have you stay with us. I would have to agree the scenery around here is much greener than AZ.

Kris said...

WowEEzowDOw! What a fun idea that is to have one place you change out for the season. You have always had such a decorating touch. It is wonderful to see what you are doing in your AZ home.