Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings

There are several times of the year when I feel extremely motivated to get things done but January is a time of renewal. It's a time to reflect on the past and look forward with hope for the future. Although I keep a lot of my thoughts and goals private, here are a few of the ones that I feel comfortable sharing on the world wide web.



Highlights of the Year


  • Three visits to Texas to spend time with my little grandchildren (and their parents
  • A visit to Utah to spend time with my son
  • Reconnected with long time friends through the blogging world
  • Had friends come to visit me in Arizona (Thanks Pam and Susan)

Things I've done well this year

  • Got A's in all 7 Masters classes that I've taken this year
  • Cleaned, organized, and painted my kitchen cupboards
  • Took time for daily scripture study and pondering/meditation time

Things I want to accomplish in 2009

  • Graduate Cum Laude with my Masters degree in May
  • Try a new recipe once a month
  • Invite someone to dinner monthly
  • Learn or re-learn a difficult piece on the piano
  • Hike the Grand Canyon
  • Put together a 72-hour emergency kit

Here's to another new BEGINNING!





11 comments:

Kris said...

Happy New Year Lauri!!! I love your post. I may have to ponder that one for a bit, and then post my goals for 2009.
Congratulations on your academic excellence!!

Kelly said...

You did a ton last year! Getting all A's in Masters' classes is such an amazing thing! Congrats on that and aiming for higher! I hope 2009 brings you all the happiness and success you deserve!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Lauri! Such wonderful accomplishments and goals for 2009. I remember you being an over-achiever and it appears that you have not changed. How wonderful! I hope to beable to take a minute and ponder some of these things myself but so far, I have had no time. I hope this new year brings you all the happiness you deserve!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Yay! Happy New Year...you accomplished so much this past year, and I hope the same for this year! I hope you get to hike the grand canyon..that would be awesome!

Cynthia said...

You deserved those A's! You worked HARD.
That is a great list of accomplishments all while working full time and taking masters classes. Amazing.
I would like to hike Havasupai. But it scares me, mostly because you have to carry your own camping gear on your back and hike at the same time.
I need to get back to the piano too. I think your list has inspired me.

Amanda B. said...

Wow- those are amazing accomplishments and wonderful goals! Congrats in advance at graduating in May!! I am excited for you! :)

Debbie Jones said...

As we look ahead, its always important to look back at what we did right. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on all those As. Can't wait to hear what life has in store for you with that Masters Degree. Have a wonderful 2009!

Rebecca Carter said...

Wow Lauri! Great goals for the new year. We're so excited for you and wish we could hike the Grand Canyon with you! Happy New Year!!

lizzyandpop said...

Right on!

Kris said...

Thank you for sharing your life. You are a wonderful inspiring lady. Good luck...or rather God Bless you in each of your goals.

I also love New Beginnings...remind you of anything?

Autumn said...

I love it all. I have no doubt you'll do all of those things in 2009. From everything I can tell, you have it together!