**A funny student story: We've all seen boys that dress like this, right? Why do boys think it is so cool to wear such saggy britches?
Well, a student was walking across campus going to lunch detention. His hands were full with the food he'd just brought from the cafeteria. He was waddling across campus because his pants wouldn't stay up (of course he had no belt on). I kidded him about how hard it must be to try to keep his pants up without a belt and no hands to hold them. About two seconds later, his pants completely feel down around his ankles. He tried to continue to walk with his pants around his ankles. He looked like a little three year old who had just been potty trained but didn't know how to get his pants back up. Seriously...he just kept trying to walk with his pants around his ankles!!! When I called out to him to pull up his pants, he got so flustered that he dropped his entire lunch. So he lost his lunch AND his pants.**I had an "industrial accident" at work this week. I was helping a student take their soft pretzels off of a hot cookie sheet and burned/blistered my finger. I'll admit that it hurt for about an hour and I went to the school nurse to get something to put on it but for heaven sake, haven't we all done that at home? I had to fill out paperwork for a work related accident.
**check out these beauties. I was out trimming up my lavender bush the other night...it's like a weed and needs to be trimmed every couple of weeks. I was on my way to the trash with a whole bucketful of lavender when I realized that I needed to bring some of them inside. I love the fragrance they add to my kitchen.
**check out these beauties. I was out trimming up my lavender bush the other night...it's like a weed and needs to be trimmed every couple of weeks. I was on my way to the trash with a whole bucketful of lavender when I realized that I needed to bring some of them inside. I love the fragrance they add to my kitchen.

9 comments:
Enjoy your Nothing To Do Saturday!!!
I would have skated too. I did it a few years back. Like riding a bike! And good exercise!
all good stories. Life is good.
You've had quite the adventurous week! I totally would have roller skated with you if I'd been there - and not been pregnant:)
Life is funny too!!
Fun to read about your week, Lauri. I also read about your little friend, Natalie, being in remission...such wonderful news! I loved the roller skating story, you're really very brave. Such a cute picture of the lavendar, it has inspired me to get some similar vases for my kitchen. I hope you enjoy your do-nothing weekend, they are the greatest and here's to another super week.
I love reading of your adventures...great and small. The saggy pants story was too funny!
How cool would it be to have a teacher roller skating? You're so cool!
I'll bet you could write a post every day about what you see and hear on a Jr. High campus and entertain us daily.
Good for you for going skating.
I love stalking your blog. It always makes me laugh!
Post a Comment