My brother gave me a free airline ticket for Christmas last winter and I decided to cash in on it this week. Luckily, a flight was available when I wanted to go and I flew out to see Katie and fam in Ohio. It was fun to not have to think about it for 3 months but just take off and go. We packed a lot of fun in to just a few days.
The highlights:
a trip to the fabric store to let the boys pick out fabric for new pillow cases. I also picked up some fabric and Katie made me a pursea day at the zoo...one of their favorite things to do in the summertimeplaying at the spray grounda picnic dinner at the park along with a ventriloquist/magic showtaking a walk with Parker while the others were nappingmaking a batch of raspberry freezer jama shopping trip to pick up school supplies. Yep, Parker is starting kindergarten next weekOne night Katie and Spencer had a night out and I stayed home with the kiddos; that was the highlight of the trip. I love spending alone time with my grandchildren--something I don't get to do too often.
I also found that staying for only 4 days has its benefits; we got a lot done in just a few days and I went home soon enough that the kids were unhappy that I was leaving.
Here is the week in pictures:
The sprayground



Parker trying to figure out the magic tricks
Katie and the CraziesThe cute bag Katie made for me
Not only is it made perfectly, she is REALLY good at fabric selection!
Thanks for a fun week !
16 comments:
FUN!!! Those are three of the most darling boys ever! Glad you all had such a wonderful time!!!! Any luck in the job hunt yet?
I'm so glad you got to go! Those boys are just too darling for words!!
What a fun time. Those boys really are so so darling!! I wish my kids and I knew them. The picture of them on their tummies with their hands on their faces is so cute.
And the bag Katie made you! Adorable! I wish I could make stuff like that. Maybe one day I will learn
No...thank you!
What a fun quick trip. You really did pack a lot of things into a short visit.
I still have a pillowcase you made me that has my camp name on it and "Don't let the bed bugs bite" Do you remember it? My granddaughters use it when they come for a visit.
Nothin' better huh Gramma!!! Sooo wonderful to get the lovin' in on those babies, and crack up at their little personalities! Grandkids rock!
Visiting daughters and grandchildren is just the best! Glad you had a great time.
Hey friend!! Sounds like you were in Ohio when I was in North Carolina helping Jessica and the girls move into their new home while Brian was off to orientation. We worked and tried to slip fun inbetween. It looks just as beautiful in Ohio as it is in Carolina. But humid? And the grandsons are DARLING AND FUN!!
So is the beach calling you yet? I don't feel as if I got a fare visit from you yet. Matt is gone and the room is empty. Come on over. I know you have the time?
You did pack alot into just a few days. The kids are really growing up. Everyone looks like the move has been a good one.
Debie
I didn't know you were in town! I would've so come to the outdoor concert had I known!! So glad you were able to come and see everyone- I know Katie treasures her time with you too!
How nice! I love the picture of the 3 of them posing... so cute! and the bag Katie made... she's got talent!
Glad you had a great trip!!! I didn't know you were here until the day you left! :) What an awesome present he gave you. Sounds like you did have tons of fun!
I don't know how you packed so much in to a few days. The purse (or even the pillow cases for that matter) would have filled my week.
Great pictures.
I've often thought about writing a post on living in the same town as grandparents vs. living in a different state. There are definite pluses and minuses to both. Looks like it was all pluses while you were there.
That picture of the three boys is so darling. It was great seeing you in good old OHIO.
Wow, you really did pack so much into a few days!! Impressive.
Post a Comment