Saturday, May 17, 2008

Millions of peaches...peaches for me






Last night a friend called and suggested we go to the peach festival at Schnepf Farms. We got up early before it got too hot and drove out to Queen Creek. It reminded me of when we used to take our kids to apple country in Southern California. They had rides, shops, and a peach breakfast that looked scrumptious (unfortunately we'd already eaten). We each picked a bunch of

peaches and apricots
and then I came home a made a small batch of apricot/pineapple jam.


This is one of my favorite fresh peach recipes and I'm sure I'll make it sometime this week:

Peach Melba Trifle
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup water
1 3 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 pint whipping cream, whipped
almond extract
6 c cubed angel food cake
1 1/2 lb fresh peaches
1/2 c raspberry jam
Combine milk and water. Mix well. Add pudding and 2 tsp almond. Chill while whipping cream. Fold together.

Place 3 c. cake in clear bowl. Mix 1-2 tsp almond with peaches and put half of peaches on cake cubes. Drizzle warm raspberry jam over peaches. Repeat Garnish with slivered almonds.

5 comments:

jeanine said...

Ha! I just heard Spencer singing that song this morning! How funny.

And all of that looks so good. I'm going to have to try that recipe.

everyday katie said...

OOOO! those peaches look delish!

Sheryl said...

You are making me hungry! I am going to try that one.
Thanks for visiting the blog, it is great to see your name. About my job, my contract is 10 1/2 months a year, so after working "Intersession", I actually have 5 weeks off a year and they 14 holidays...I like it like that for sure!

Genn said...

Hi Lauri! It was so nice to read your comment. I will tell my Mom you say hello and I know she will say "HELLO" right back! I think of you guys so often when I am going to my mom's and pass your old house. My parents are still on sonrisa. They joke that they are ready to give up all the work they have to put into that house, but i don't think they ever will. I bet you miss your grandkids being so far away! It is so fun to look at the blogs and see that everyone is doing well though! These are the days!! =) You look so good to! Definitely not old enough to be Katie's mom!!!

Kris said...

Lauri,
It is Genny's Mom, Kris Grover. I can't tell you how many times I have thought of you and your family over the years. What a neat thing that the girls have found each other through blogging, and now I see you have a great site as well.
I look forward to catching up with you. More later, and for now, a warm hug.
Kris