Saturday, August 2, 2008

Let's Take a Quiz








Which of these doesn't belong?

A. Skater boy
B. Ipod girl
C. Tattoo guy
D. Miss attitude
E. Motorcycle man
F. Paris Hilton Wannabe
G. Grandma Benson


This is who I spent the day with today. I felt like a character in the Breakfast Club. I had to spend the day (8 HOURS) at Traffic Survival School because I inadvertently ran a red light and got caught on a photo camera. Knowing I was guilty, I paid the fine and thought that was that. NOPE...I also had to attend TSS--even though it won't wipe away the ticket or the points. Most people who attend TSS either have a DUI or a revoked license.



By the end of the day, Skater boy and Ipod girl had hooked up and were swapping stories about shoplifting, drinking, ditching school, etc. Miss attitude and Tattoo guy had also become quite friendly. And Paris Hilton Wannabe sat and giggled at everything. Not only that, since I was sitting behind ipod girl, I had to look at her thong underwear that was riding above her pants line the entire day as well as a plumbers crack from motorcycle man.


Besides being a very boring, long day, I was also disturbed by the casualness of attitude from these teens and young adults about drinking and driving. They consistently told stories of getting around the law, avoiding tickets, and even when caught, being able to get away with it.


What a Saturday!

11 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Oh yuck! What a day!!! I bet you have never been so glad to see a day end.... That is a little scary that there are people that casual with others safety on the road.

sharon kaye said...

I can't believe you had to endure that. Traffic school would be bad enough, but to have to be in that environment must have been miserable. I got my first ticket in my life last March. They gave me the option of doing traffic school online in my home. It was so much better than having to sit though what you had to.

Genn said...

Yuck, what a way to waste a day huh? That is scary about some of the people that are on the same roads we are...

and thank you kindly for your nice comment about my hair always looking nice. Really it doesn't always, but i only post pictures of when it does. =) I will get those hair products listed for you.

Kris said...

Ugh...sounds awful Lauri! I am sorry!

Kelly said...

Wow.. so sad that people can take drinking and driving so lightly. I'm glad you got through the day!

Cynthia said...

Weren't you wearing your red thong undies too? It is a fashion must at those events.
I was trying to get off an airplane yesterday and as I was waiting to stand up from my seat. Two women were simultaneously leaning over getting their bags out from under their seats -- I had two rumps a little too close for comfort. One had a glittery red thong hanging out and the other rump was just simply larger than life. "move along ladies, I need to get out of here"

everyday katie said...

That was funny. Good representation of your experience.

Autumn said...

HAHA!! What a great account. But a bad day. We both have that camera thing in common now I guess. Glad I didn't have to attend a class!!

lizzyandpop said...

Sounds like you should choose your "friends" more wisely. I've always wondered about you. HUMMMMMMMM!!

Sheryl said...

You are so funny! So when you start your memoirs let me know,cuz I know it will be a great read! You have such a great sense of detail and irony! Love you!

Jennie said...

That would drive me nuts!! Nothing makes me more upset than when teenagers act like 10 year olds. They really should be sat down and shown videos of accidents and the aftermath of drunk driving. So sorry you had to spend a Saturday that way. Shopping would have been a better choice!