Friday, September 5, 2008

Quirky...who me?

Katie tagged me for 6 quirky things about me. I think these things are absolutely normal but others might find these behaviors odd. You decide!

1. Katie mentioned that she HAD to know what time it is when she wakes up in the night. Everyone commented that they are the same way. SO...that must not be too quirky. I am just the opposite. I make myself not look at the clock because if it is within an hour of when I have to get up, I can't make myself go back to sleep. If, however, I don't know how long I still have to sleep, I can usually fall back to sleep even if it's only a few minutes.

2. On nights when I can't fall asleep, I make mental lists. For instance, phone numbers I know, addresses we've lived at over the years, flowers..listed alphabetically (ie. azalea, begonia, chrysanthemum, daffodil, etc.).

3. I hate hair in the sink. It's bad enough when it's mine but when I go to a public bathroom like at an airport or at school and there's someone else's hair in the sink, I go find another sink to use.

4. I like symmetry. When I decorate or plant flowers, for instance, I have to have things balanced on both sides of center.

5. I have to be cool to cold while sleeping. I not only have my air conditioner while I sleep, but also the ceiling fan above me and a small fan blowing in my face. This goes over to winter time too. Before I go to bed, I turn down the heat or sometimes turn it off altogether and open the windows.

6. I love to clean my house. I especially love to clean and organize drawers and closets.

8 comments:

Kris said...

I find none of your quirks odd. And that is most probably because I am much the same way. ESPECIALLY with the cool to cold to sleep. I like it cold enough in my house to hang meat, I have all windows open all winter, and I have fans blowing on TURBO!!! Could it be our "age" do you think??
I am not so much so with symmetry. I like balance, and I am way OCD, but I like asymmetry in the garden. So that is my quirk!!
I hate hair in the sink too, and I ALWAYS polish the taps after using a sink. See....OCD!!!

Cynthia said...

I have to be cool when I sleep too! -It's so I can cuddle in a blanket, I can't fall asleep without a blanket.

Rachel Helton said...

Whoops, that last one was from me.

Amanda B. said...

You love to clean? You are welcome to come over here anytime- We can use you!! :):) That was fun! I am with you on not checking the time when I wake up. Easy enough to turn off the heat at night in the winter when you live in ARIZONA! Try doing that here when night time winter temps sometimes reach 0. :) That was fun! :)

Sheryl said...

Love all the quirky quirks about you! I love the feeling of a job organized and done, but keeping it that way at my house, that is the trick.

Kelly said...

I am so with you on the cold nights- except I only do that in the summer here- Amanda said it well- it's near zero in the winter, so the fan is still on, for noise, but blowing away from me. I loved all your quirks- they aren't too quirky for me!

jeanine said...

Oooo I hate hair too. It's SO gross! We were cleaning the temple after baptisms the other night and there was so much hair on the floor and sink... yuck!

Jennie said...

Okay I was with you on all your quirks until you said that you like closets and drawers clean...ummm nope that's not me! My house usually looks clean to everyone but all my friends know to NEVER open cabinets or closet doors! I hide (or cram) everything in them! It's like Monica on Friends! hehe