Today was the last day of school. It was a "party" day. The kids just signed yearbooks and watched a slide show of the school year. I always laugh at the students and their yearbook signing. I had several kids that I have never even seen come up and ask me to sign their yearbooks. Either they have no friends or they just want all of the spaces filled up. Do you know how many times I wrote, "Have a great summer! Mrs. Benson."?
Since most of the students ride the bus, there is a ritual at the middle school that the teachers escort the students out to the busses and then we wave them off for the summer. What they don't realize is that we start doing the happy dance the minute they drive away. I don't know who is happier that school is over...us or them but I think the teachers win that contest!Horray for summer.
6 comments:
I scrolled down to see photos. Apparently you missed the happy dance photo op! Yay for summer!
Dana is dying for summer, more than the kids are!! My kids aren't done until next Friday!! That seems so far away, but it will come before I know it, then my whole family will be home all summer! I will need a vacation- perhaps to Arizona!!
I wish our schools ended in May and started earlier. We still have 2 more weeks. It's hard for me to believe that Rachelle will be graduating. Do you have plans for the summer. (Besides trying to keep cool.)
Yes, do tell us what your summer plans are! I love to see the ahhhhh! on the teacher's faces that last day of school, and happy dances....oh, yes, there are happy dances!
Thanks mom. Wahoo!
I have to leave a comment so I can be #6 and your comment qualification can be fulfilled!!
I think that it is awesome that the teachers walk to the school bus!!! Hope you have a great summer!
Post a Comment